Emergency procedures theory
In this part of the program we’ll be looking at emergency procedures and evacuation plans for 24 hour residential services.
Aims and objectives
To understand emergency procedures and evacuation plans we need to look at:
• the threats or emergencies that will lead to an evacuation
• warning alerts and signals
• the specific considerations included in evacuation procedures
• additional needs and considerations for people with a disability in evacuation
• the different methods of rescue, and
• where to locate the installed portable fire equipment in the residential facility.