In this part of the program we take a look at how to identify and use portable fire equipment installed in 24 hour residential facilities.
Aims and objectives
To be able to identify and use portable fire equipment installed in disability residences we need to look at:
• how to assess an emergency situation and the likely effectiveness of first attack equipment
• how to identify a dry chemical powder extinguisher
• how to use a portable fire extinguisher and fire blankets
• the limitations of a portable fire extinguisher in relation to time duration
• the actions to take when a portable fire extinguisher needs recharging or repairs, and
• the procedures to be followed after emergency equipment is used.